Imagine returning to your home on a blistering hot summer’s day, longing for the comforting embrace of your air con. You step into the room and your air conditioning system has failed. Why? The lifespan of your air conditioning (AC) system can be significantly influenced by three vital factors: setup, installation and maintenance. In this blog we explore these factors and give you advice to extend your AC’s lifespan.
Get Your Air Conditioning Repair Today
The initial setup of your AC system has a huge impact on its lifespan. An effective design take into consideration energy efficiency, the system type (ducted or split system) and the unique specifications of your property including the amount of natural light, ventilation and space being cooled.
For instance, an AC system that was tailor-made to the property’s dimensions and usage patterns can operate efficiently for years, while a system in a similar building may have to be replaced much earlier due to inadequate design and strain on the system.
Correct installation of an AC system essential if you want your AC to have a long life. Improper installation can lead to problems such as refrigerant leaks or electrical issues, significantly reducing the system’s lifespan. All AC systems should be installed by experienced professionals who account for optimal positioning, secure fittings and correct wiring.
Regular maintenance can add years to your AC system’s life, ensuring it runs efficiently and reliably for years to come. The key maintenance practices include:Regular maintenance can add years to your AC system’s life, ensuring it runs efficiently and reliably for years to come. The key maintenance practices include:
- Cleaning or replacing the air filter regularly to ensure efficient air flow.
- Regularly inspecting the coils and coil fins for damage or dust build-up.
- Checking the refrigerant levels and thermostat settings for optimal performance.
These practices not only prevent untimely breakdowns but also enhance the overall lifespan and efficiency of your AC system.
Avoiding Premature AC Burnout
AC burnout can occur due to various reasons. One common cause is overuse, resulting in overheating. Another is poor maintenance, which can lead to issues such as refrigerant leaks or clogged filters. This can be caused by:
- Overuse and Overheating: One of the most common reasons for AC burnout is overuse, especially during peak summer months. Operating your AC system continuously can result in overheating and eventual breakdown. Installing a programmable thermostat that automatically regulates the operation time can prevent overuse and extend your AC’s lifespan.
- Poor Maintenance: Regular maintenance is vital for the longevity of your AC system. Ignorance in this area often leads to issues such as refrigerant leaks, clogged filters or a malfunctioning thermostat, all of which can strain your AC and cause premature failure.
- Improper Installation: Incorrect installation can result in poor performance and reduced system life. Installation errors such as incorrect sizing, inadequate insulation or improper sealing can lead to energy loss and system overload. Professional installation is the key to avoiding these issues.
Looking For an AC Provider You Can Trust?
Here at Climatech, we understand the intricacies of AC systems and their lifespans. Specialising in the design, installation and maintenance of commercial and residential air conditioning our team service homes and businesses across the Sunshine Coast region, including Maroochydore, Caloundra and Noosa. We take pride in offering professional installation and regular maintenance services to ensure your AC system meets your unique needs.